Product flows have to be interrupted on a regular basis in everyday life. Be it for maintenance work, at the end of a batch or in the event of a malfunction. In order to securely lock pipes and containers despite the variety of materials and operating conditions, Hosokawa Solids Solutions offers different locking valves in a variety of designs. These can be operated manually or automatically. Variants for pressureless downpipes/containers, vacuum applications or overpressure are also available.
The task could be, for example: Pressure-resistant, dustproof and reliable shut-off of
- abrasive or poorly flowing bulk solids
- at temperatures up to 250°C
- with high availability due to long seal service life and low-maintenance operation
- space saving design
- preventing any escape of product or gases to the outside
Shut-off valves for bulk solids with operating pressures above 0.5 bar comply with the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU.
Typical examples of bulk material shut-off devices:
- Slide gate valve
- Rotary gate valve
- Butterfly valve
- Chambered airlocks
- Segmented shut-off devices
Hosokawa Solids, specialist for bulk solids handling, is part of the Hosokwa Alpine Group since 2020.
- Dust Tight Slide Gates: Dustproof and pressure-resistant shut-off of bulk materials, with pneumatic hollow sectioning sealing, made to measure.
- Chamber valve, DSP type: Discharge and dosing from a pressure/vacuum system or injection e.g. into a reactor, filling and emptying discontinuously, barrier for gases or vapours.