Mechanical conveying systemsSimple and proven, screw conveyors and rotary valves
In the area of ‘mechanical conveying’, both rotary valves and screws can be used. The design lines solids Basic, solids Clean and solids Hygienic are available. The Hosokawa Solids Solutions rotary valves are also optionally available as a protection system according to the ATEX directive.
Rotary valves are used for dosing, feeding or discharging fine-grained and dusty products or granulates.
Screw conveyors are divided into tubular screws and trough screwsaccording to the type of construction. The screw helix can be designed as a full-bladed screw or as a shaftless screw. They are used in heavy industry as well as in the fine chemicals sector. Screw conveyors essentially consist of a conveyor trough or pipe, the screw conveyor consisting of a screw shaft and helix and the drive unit. Mild steel, stainless steel, wear-resistant and heat-resistant materials are used.
Our experts select the most suitable rotary valve or screw for you based on the product properties, working conditions and tasks to be performed.
Rotary valvesThe right solution for every application
- Rotary valves, ZRS type: Dosing valves, low pulsation, possible with multi-pocket rotor, ideal for products that tend to have a powerful discharge.
- Rotary valves, SRVS-basic type: Discharge rotary valves and dosing rotary valves, standard version according to ATEX RL 2014/34/EU for zone 20 inside, zone 21 outside, with type examination
- Rotary valves, SRVP-protection system type: Discharge rotary valves and dosing rotary valves, protection system category 1 according to ATEX RL 2014/34/EU for products with dust explosion hazard, with type examination
- Rotary valves, SRVC-clean type: Discharge rotary valves and dosing rotary valves, easy to dismantle, rotor mounted on drive shaft. According to ATEX RL 2014/34/EU for zone 20 inside, zone 21 outside, with type examination
- Rotary valves, SRVS-hygienic type: Discharge and dosing rotary valves, suitable for insertion in pressure or suction conveying lines, hygienic design according to EHEDG guidelines with certificate type EL-Class II
- Rotary valves, SRVP-hygienic type: Discharge and dosing rotary valves, for discharge from silos and/or entry into pressure or suction conveying lines, hygienic design in accordance with EHEDG guidelines, as a protective system in accordance with ATEX for products subject to dust explosion hazards
- Rotary valves, ZRS heavy design type: Discharge and dosing rotary valves, for discharge from silos and/or entry into pressure or suction conveying lines, also for high temperatures
- Scraper rotary valves, RRS type: Trouble-free discharge and dosing with adhesive, sticky, non-flowing bulk materials, with forced scraper for completely emptying the pockets.
- Blow-through rotary valves, DBS type: Dosing rotary valves for continuous feeding into pressure or suction conveying lines.
- Tubular screw conveyor, DSR type: Mechanical conveying and dosing of bulk materials, horizontal or inclined, wide range of applications for many products.