From 19 to 26 October 2022, it's that time again: the international plastics and rubber industry will meet in Düsseldorf for K 2022 and present its news and innovations. Three important topics will be in focus this year: Circular Economy, Climate Protection and Digitisation. We are looking forward to finally meeting our customers in person again and to inspiring them with the products and services of Hosokawa Alpine!
You will find us in Hall 16 Stand D06. There we will be happy to advise you and show you how Hosokawa Alpine can support you in your blown film production:
- Tailored solutions
- Optimally coordinated components
- Comprehensive service ranging from planning to complete installation on site
- Over 70 years of experience and innovating
- Mature “made in Germany” technologies
You already have a ticket for K 2022 and would like us to advise you personally? Then let us know and we will be happy to arrange an appointment with you!
Circular Economy is a key topic at K 2022 - and one of the most important fields of action for the plastics and rubber industry. Hosokawa Alpine is meeting these challenges with innovative technologies. One project that we have already implemented on the topic of circular economy was with the customer Plasta in Šentrupert/Slovenia - a company which produces blown films and packaging from recycled polyethylene.
In the run-up to K 2022, the VDMA interviewed Joachim Oberbauer, Operations Director Film Extrusion Division at Hosokawa Alpine.
The interview focuses on the topic of the circular economy and Hosokawa Alpine's contribution to it.
The trend goes towards oriented barrier films. A wide variety of film composites are currently being tested to meet market requirements – Alpine offers the perfect process technology.
Requirements for machine and film:
- Very flexible die heads and extruders up to 9 layers
- Processing of a wide range of viscosities and different raw material classes
- MDO-film with barrier properties, suitable for sealing, coating, printing, converting
- Duplex or Triplex laminates made of MDO-film must meet high demands
Partners for MDO Full PE film resins: Borealis, Braskem, Dow, ExxonMobil, INEOS, Kuraray, Lyondellbasell, Mitsui Chemicals, NOVA Chemicals, Sabic, Total Petrochemical
- Produced with ExxonMobil resins on Alpine 9-layer blown film line
- Sealant film laminated against Alpine 5-layer MDO film
- Formed and filled by Multivac
* based on layer distribution thicknesses
Key challenges for a new generation of fully recyclable monomaterial pouch solutions included:
- reliable sealability
- mechanical properties
- thermal stability
- different levels of barrier performance depending on end use
Addressing the needs of various different applications three monomaterial concepts were developed that share the same proven DfR product platform
- Hosokawa Alpine MDO Technology for oriented blown film
- GEA packaging equipment
- Henkel solvent-free lamination adhesive
- Metlux vacuum metallisation
- Digimarc digital watermarking technology
The HolyGrail 2.0 compatible digital watermark facilitates packaging waste sorting, but does not interfere with pouch print appearance.
For journalists we have provided press information and pictures for download.