Fourth International Hosokawa Powder Technology SymposiumSustainable production of functional particles
What role do cell culture media play in our future diet? What do tap density and the shape of a potato have to do with electromobility? How can you save energy and improve product quality at the same time? These are some of the questions that will be addressed at the 4th International Hosokawa Powder Technology Symposium on 13th and 14th September 2023 in Augsburg.
Message from the Organizer
It is a great pleasure to announce that the International Hosokawa Powder Technology Symposium entitled “Sustainable production of functional particles” will be held at Dorint-Hotel Augsburg on Thursday 14th of September, 2023 as a part of special events to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Hosokawa Powder Technology Foundation. This foundation was established in Japan for the purpose to promote science and technology in the field of powder and particle processing and characterization on the basis of the fund donated by the late Mr.Masuo Hosokawa. It annually presents the “KONA Award” to a prominent researcher with an excellent contribution to the advancement in this field and supports active researchers by financial funding.
This symposium is the fourth one to be held outside Japan by our foundation, which aims to promote the exchange of technical information and knowledge among worldwide researchers and engineers engaged in the work of handling powder and particles. The first one was held at HOSOKAWA ALPINE AG in Augsburg in 2014 on the occasion of 20th anniversary of the Foundation. And then the second one (2017) and the third one (2019) were held also successfully in USA and China, respectively.
While the environment surrounding the world is changing dramatically these days, technological innovation is steadily progressing to a great extent and the importance of powder science and engineering is considerably increasing more and more.
I hope that this symposium will bring the participants new tips and ideas which will lead to innovative and fruitful R&D and engineering work in academic and industry.
New impulses for your daily work
Do you work as an engineer or technician, in research & development, production or science? Then you will be thrilled by our specialist programme on the topic of "Sustainable production of functional particles". Look forward to lectures by numerous experts in the field of particle processing!
- Find out about current topics in mechanical process engineering
- Discuss future trends
- Develop sustainable and energy-efficient processes
When and where?
The 4th International Hosokawa Powder Technology Symposium has the motto "Sustainable Production of Functional Particles" and will take place at the Hotel Dorint An der Kongresshalle in Augsburg. Participation is free of charge, but places are limited.
With your registration for the symposium, you will receive the opportunity to book a hotel room in the conference hotel at a preferential rate (if still available).
The conference language is English.
Wednesday 13th September 2023from 1:00 pm
- starting 01:00 pm Arrival at our event location in Augsburg, Germany
- 02:00 pm Guided tour of the Hosokawa Alpine test center, manufacturing & assembly in groups
- 04:00 pm Guided tour of Augsburger City or the Riegele Brewery in Augsburg
- 06:00 pm Get-together in the early evening and dinner at a typical bavarian restaurant
Thursday 14th September 202308:30 am - 05:00 pm
Arrival, welcome and registration at Dorint Hotel Augsburg
- Welcome speach
K. Hosokawa (President Hosokawa Micron Group)
- Current trends in particle technology
G. Meesters (TU Delft)
- Leveraging AI in process engineering: Overview of multifaceted applications and synergetic integration opportunities
C. Thon (TU Braunschweig)
- The future of cultivated meat and the continuous production of cell culture media
A. Korida (JSBio/Kcell), H. Schmidt (Hosokawa Alpine)
- Deep Dive Pulses Protein: Combination of dry and wet extraction
R. Kriech (Bühler), E. Emmert (Hosokawa Alpine)
- Recent applications of powder processing equipment
A. Watanabe (Hosokawa Micron, Osaka)
- Processing techniques for rare earth materials and the effect on magnetic materials performance
K. Opelt (Fraunhofer IWKS, Hanau)
- Comminution and classification as important processes for the circular production of lithium batteries
C. Schilde (TU Braunschweig)
- Spheronization of natural graphite - background and novel process
M. Mancini (ZSW ULM), B. Biber (Hosokawa Alpine)
- Closing remarks
End of official part and social gathering
Meet experts and exchange ideas
At the 4th International Hosokawa Powder Technology Symposium you will meet experts from research and development, science and practice. The symposium series was initiated by the Hosokawa Micron Group and serves the professional exchange of specialists in the field of powder processing. Every two years, the experts meet at a different Hosokawa Micron Group location. After Shanghai (2019) and Summit/New Jersey (2017), Hosokawa Alpine AG in Augsburg is the host for the second time (after 2014).
Expand your network, discuss with colleagues, think outside the box! There will be plenty of opportunities: at the big get-together at the start of the symposium and on the conference day itself.
Secure one of the limited spots for our Powder Technology Symposium and benefit from the in-depth knowledge of our experts! Participation is free of charge.
Directions to the conference hotelHow to get to the the symposium
- The Hotel "Dorint an der Kongresshalle" is located on tram line 1 (direction Göggingen), stop "Kongress am Park".
- By train: ICE connecting to Augsburg central station. From there, continue by taxi (1.5 km) or tram lines 3, 4 or 6 to Königsplatz, from there take tram line 1 (Göggingen) to Kongress am Park (approx. 10 minutes).
- By car (from the north): Leave the A8 motorway (Munich-Stuttgart) at the Augsburg-West exit and follow the B17 towards Augsburg until the B300 exit towards Memmingen/A.-Zentrum/A.-Kriegshaber-Süd/A.-Pfersee-Nord. Keep left and follow the signs towards Zentrum/Pfersee-Nord. Turn left onto Bürgermeister-Ackermann-Straße. After 1.8 km, continue on Rosenaustraße. After another 1.4 km turn right onto Gögginger Straße, after 250 m turn right again onto Imhofstraße. The Hotel Dorint is directly in front of you.
- By car (from the south): Leave the A96 at exit 24 Landsberg am Lech-West and take the B17 towards Schongau/Augsburg/Schwabmünchen/Landsberg am Lech. At the roundabout, take the fourth exit in the direction of Augsburg. After 33.9 km, leave the B17 at the Eichleitnerstr. exit and drive in the direction of A.-Göggingen-Ost/A.-Alte Universität/Kongress am Park/Zollamt/TÜV. From Eichleitnerstraße turn right into Gögginger Straße. After 500 m turn around and turn right into Imhofstraße. The Hotel Dorint is directly in front of you.
- By plane: The nearest international airport is Munich (approx. 93 km).