The term weighing technology is intended to cover the entire specialist area of mass determination, including mechanics, electronics, control technology and the peripherals within a system.
The operating mode of a scale is based on the process conditions: Continuous operation or batch operation.
A scale consists of the following components: A container for holding the material to be weighed until their discharge, load frame/weighing module, peripherals including supply and discharge metering device, a measuring amplifier with display of the mass and metering control unit.
Our container fillers are optionally available as calibratable scales according to SWA/SWE.
Hosokawa Solids, specialist for bulk solids handling, is part of the Hosokwa Alpine Group since 2020.
- Rotating bowl scales Giroscale, GSC type: Weighing container in the form of a rotating bowl, can be rotated 180° for discharge, very compact design, weighing capacity up to 50 kg, very high accuracy, ideal for small components +- 1g.
- Flexible scales Flex Scale, FSC type: Especialy suitable for sticky products, flexible scale-hopper made of rubber, lock with free section when open, reliable total emptying.
- Hopper scales, BSG/BSN type: Weighing hopper, directly on BSG type strain gauge load cells, or on a guided scale frame in a BSN type parallel handle bar system, avoiding disturbing forces, with mechanical tare compensation, according to accuracy requirements.
- Vacuum scales, SVN type: Combination of pneumatic vacuum conveying with hopper scale and dosing for batch formation.
- Conveyor scales, PHS/PIS type: Hopper scale, designed as a pneumatic push conveyor in the scale frame to avoid disturbing forces, suitable for batch formation and/or material balancing.
- Big bag scales, BBS type: For discharge metering when unloading big bags.
- Silo scales, BSG type: For checking the fill level or for discharge weighing when filling silo vehicles, containers, etc. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Loss-in-weight scales, LWS type: Constantly controlled material flow rate per time unit through optimal use of the scale signal.