The CW wide-chamber housing prevents coating formation and thus blockages in the machine. In comparison with the pin disc Ø, the machine housing is oversized. This is why Contraplex mills are ideal for fine grinding greasy, oily, sticky and hygroscopic materials which tend to form deposits - either in continuous mode or at relatively long cleaning intervals. Besides the wide-chamber housing, the rotation of both pin discs (both speed and rotational direction are adjustable) is a distinguishing feature. The following important application advantages result:
- Wide selection of pins: Besides the standard head pin made of special steel, there is a wide selection of special pins available which make it possible to meet the highest demands regarding hygiene as well as freedom from wear and contamination.
- Robust drive solution: The belt drive via standard motors permits optimum configuration of the transmission ratio for the process and the product. This means that the motor and pin disc work at the optimum operating point and the system achieves a much higher degree of energy efficiency than with direct drives.
- Bearing unit: The optimum monitoring of bearing temperature and vibrations translates into excellent preventative maintenance.
- Higher grinding fineness: Dependent on the type, the max. relative speed of both discs is up to approx. 250 m/s. Single-rotor pin, beater, cross-flow and turbo mills, etc. are unable to reach this high speed. The Contraplex therefore produces higher fineness values - especially with all brittle and crystalline materials. Individual adaptation of the grinding conditions to suit the feed material. The wealth of possibilities available in setting the rotational direction and disc speed combinations ensures that each and every product - especially heat-sensitive ones - is ground to an optimal fineness, is handled gently and that the pin discs remain free from deposits.
- Intensive, agglomerate-free and homogeneous mixing-grinding of products: that consist of two or more components (food technology).
- Trouble-free continuous operation: Products which cannot be ground in sieve mills due to their tendency to clog the sieve perforations - especially fine-mesh sieves - can be ground to high fineness values. Rinsing air protects the bearing unit from product ingress and prevents product from depositing behind the pin discs.